I am 40 this year and I want to be "fabulous and 40" (said in the voice of Samantha from Sex and the City) but as much as the next person I can get stuck in a make up rut. We find a look we are happy with and are either too scared to change it or too lazy to. So I plan to implement a few changes. These can be big or small. Am thinking mainly small. I don't want to go too crazy.
Top 10 2015 Make up and Skincare Resolutions
- I want to go for a makeup lesson for some new ideas and tips. I love NARS makeup and they have makeup lessons at Harrods' Urban retreat. I feel this has to be a pre-birthday treat to myself.
- To always remove my make up in the evening and try not to use make up wipes (well at least not too much!)
- To start using both face masks and hair treatment masks. I feel these are what I should be doing to look after my skin and hair but never actually get round to doing.
- To try and not always wear black eyeliner. I know this can be harsh and ageing and that browns are better but I do love my black!
- To not always be so gung ho with my blusher. This one will please my husband!
- To look after my nails better. Use nail and cuticle oils and give my nails days when they are free of varnish. Also, not to pick my nail varnish off. An awful habit and so bad for my nails.
- Wash my makeup brushes more and throw away old makeup that I have had for over a year.
- Be better at wearing SPF - I need to start slowing down that ageing process.
- To exfoliate more regularly in the shower and to always moisturise my body morning and evening (I can already tell this won't happen!)
- Find out about all the BB, CC, DD and EE creams and find a good one for me.
Let me know what your beauty and skincare resolutions are.